We believe that discipline is freedom. It should be understood that the purpose of these regulations is primarily to ensure maximum benefit from the study of Tae Kwon Do. The basic principles found in these rules have been a part of Tae Kwon Do since its beginnings.
- Bow to the dojang (training hall) when entering and leaving. This is to show respect to the art & your instructors.
- Be present, changed and ready to train at least ‘ 5 minutes’ before your lesson starts, as it disrupts other students training if you are late.
- Do not leave the class without permission from your instructor.
- Loud conversation, laughing in excess or any unruly behaviour has no place in a Tae Kwon Do school.
- All students are expected to be courteous and understanding. Advanced students are expected to set a good example to new students and to assist such students whenever necessary.
- Inside the dojang (training hall), the instructor should be addressed as: “sir” (for a male instructor), “ma’am” (for a female instructor) to show them courtesy.
- Any substitute teacher shall be treated as your regular instructor, that is with the same courtesy.
- If you own a dobok (uniform), it should be clean and pressed at all times.
- The wearing of jewellery is not allowed whilst training for safety reasons.
- Eating is not allowed, but drinking may be allowed, with permission of the instructor, whilst training.
- Smoking whilst wearing your dobok will not be tolerated at any time.
- Please ensure mobile phones are switched off in class.
Action will be taken if any of the above regulations are violated. Penalties will be at the discretion of your instructor!!
At the start and end of each class, all students line up in order of rank / grade.
The highest graded student always stands at the front right facing the instructor, other students then complete the rows in grade order – black, red, blue, green, yellow & white belts – starting from the front and working backwards in the rows.
Our Dragon members, line up behind the Senior ranks following the same colour belt ordering.